About Transplant Australia
Transplant Australia is a national charity representing transplant recipients, donor families, living donors and all those touched by organ and tissue donation and transplantation. A primary focus of the organisation is to raise awareness of the need to increase organ donor rates in Australia. Transplant Australia is responsible for staging the Australian Transplant Games as well as looking after the interests of all its members through advocacy, raising awareness and support.
About the World Transplant Games
The World Transplant Games, hosted by Transplant Australia and sanctioned by the World Transplant Games Federation, will be held in Perth, Western Australia, in April 2023. The Australian Government through the Commonwealth Department of Health and the Organ & Tissue Authority are major partners of the Games.
AIM of the Art of Giving Exhibition
To raise awareness of organ and tissue donation and to raise funds for West Australian families to attend the World Transplant Games in 2023.
We encourage everyone to enter artworks– you don’t have to be a professional or expert artist. We are seeking artwork from children and adults, recipients and supporters and we encourage a variety of artworks – oils and acrylics, watercolours, pencil and crayon, collage, etchings, screen prints, lino and woodcuts, tapestries, appliqué, inlaid woodwork, etc.
Please circulate this information to anyone who you think would be interested.
As always we hope to inspire Australians to join the Organ Donor Register.
KIDOGO ARTHOUSE 10th to 14th October 2022
Bathers Beach, Mews Rd, FREMANTLE
OPENING NIGHT Tuesday 11th October 2022
CLOSING DATE for artwork Entry Forms 12th September 2022
DELIVERY of artwork Monday 10th October, 9 – 11am or by arrangement
COLLECTION of all artwork To be advised
Conditions of Entry
1. All artworks must be the original work of the artist.
2. An entry form must be submitted for each art work giving the title of the work, the artist’s name, address, contact email, mobile number and agreement to the conditions of entry. If the artist is 12 years or under a parent/guardian’s name and contact details must be submitted together with the age of the artist.
3. Each entry is to be clearly labelled on the back or front with the title, artist’s name and the edition where applicable.
4. A photo of the artwork is to be uploaded with every entry.
5. Entry forms and digital images to be submitted by 28 February 2022.
6. It is the responsibility of the artist (or their parents/guardian) to ensure their work is not subject to defamation or does not violate any copyright laws.
7. Transplant Australia WA reserves the right to reject works that could be considered offensive and/or contrary to the spirit of the organisation.
8. Placement of works within the exhibition and the display of oversized items will be at the discretion of the Transplant Australia WA organisers. It may not be possible to display all entries.
9. All artists agree to allow their works to be used by Transplant Australia WA for future posters and promotional campaigns. Copyright remains the property of the artist and in the event of a work being used by Transplant Australia for promotional purposes the artist will be notified and acknowledged.
10. Each entrant specifically permits and authorises the Gallery and Transplant Australia to reproduce the selected art work (in full or detail) via print or electronic media for publicity, reports, catalogues and any other publications related to the exhibition. Acknowledgement of the artist will be duly made.
11. All reasonable care will be taken of the artwork however Transplant Australia WA does not accept responsibility for damage, loss, fire, theft or vandalism.
12. Transplant Australia WA will take a minimum of 40 per cent of the sale money on any work sold for an artist. Account details must be supplied on the entry form. Any GST to be paid is the responsibility of the artist.
13. The selection of art works for auction on the Opening Night will be solely at the discretion of Transplant Australia WA.
14. The art work must be available for display throughout the duration of the exhibition. It must be ‘ready to hang’ for display (including fittings and wire) and may be framed or unframed. Help with mounting kid’s works is available by contacting email@example.com.
15. Art works must be delivered to Kidogo Arthouse on Monday 10th October 9 – 11am (or by arrangement). Park in Little High St, Mews Rd or Marine Tce Car Park No.2.
16. Details about the collection of the artworks to be advised.
17. The conditions of entry must be accepted by the artist, parent or guardian.