Source: Recipe and image kindly provided by Diabetes Australia.
- 300g penne
- 200g green beans
- 435g salmon (canned)
- 400g chickpeas
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 50g rocket
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Steam the green beans until tender.
- Break the salmon into large chunks and mix gently together with the pasta, beans, drained chickpeas, quartered tomatoes, sliced onion, rocket and capers. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, orange juice and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix through.