The Billion Steps Challenge 2021
In 2017, The World Transplant Games Federation held our first Billion Steps Challenge to promote physical activity within the Transplant Community. Last year (2020) Australia had 147 people take part and this year we aiming for 200 people. Transplant Australia and the World Transplant Federation, together with our partner Novartis, we invite you back to team up and join our ambitious goal to collectively walk 2 Billion Steps, Covid-19 may have kept many of us apart with restrictions on social interactions and travel, but this challenge allows us to come together as a community, promote organ donation and transplantation and get active, ensuring we remain Fit for Life.
Everything you need to know about The Billion Steps Challenge:
The Billion Steps Challenge runs from 20th September – 28th November 2021. 10 weeks to reach 2 Billion collective steps
• Register on MoveSpring from 6th September 2021 – Follow the Challenge Link or navigate to MoveSpring using your mobile device
(recommended) or web browser and enter Org Code: WTGF21
• MoveSpring is an online fitness platform which allows users to track their steps, team progress, group target and engage with people
from around the world
• Create Teams – Min 2 people, max 6 people per team. Don’t forget to add a fun team name and photo
• Sync Daily Steps – Connect your fitness tracking device or choose manual entry
• All exercise & physical activities count – Convert activities to steps with our Converter Guide.
This means a cycle, swim or exercise class can all be converted to steps
• Everyone can enter – transplant recipients, living donors, donor families, health professionals, friends, families, work colleagues,
supporters, transplant units, sports groups, fundraising activity events
How to promote The Billion Steps Challenge:
• Share the event across your social media platforms: Please ensure you share the flyer and additional marketing materials on your website and other social media platforms
• Email your current database: Engage with those already connected to your Organisation and encourage participation
• Invite Participants outside of the Transplant Community and raise awareness: Encourage work colleagues, family and friends, your local running and gym club members to join and create teams. Why not challenge each transplant recipient to create their own team.
• Challenge other Teams / Organisations / Transplant Units: Create a healthy competition atmosphere and encourage teams to become internal champions of their health and fitness. Perhaps different territories / offices / teams want to challenge each other?