Transplant Australia supports Donatelife Week
Sunday 24 July – Sunday 31 July 2022
Sunday 24 July – Sunday 31 July 2022
Participate in DonateLife Week
We need your help to spread the word about DonateLife Week 2022 by sharing content via your social media, e-newsletters, websites or by hosting or attending an event if it is safe to do so.
You’ll be encouraging Australians to register to be an organ and tissue donor, and to have the chat with their family and friends.
With a decrease in donation and transplantation activity during 2021 due to COVID-19, it has never been more important to encourage others to register as organ and tissue donors.
A new year and new look
We have fresh ambitions for DonateLife Week 2022!
- A more targeted strategy that resonates with our key audience groups, including young Australians, First Nations Peoples and Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- A new campaign hook as well as look and feel that is impactful and brings all the activities and events together.
- A new call to action and goal. We want to get as many registrations as possible and are also asking people to “check” they are registered by embracing the use of QR codes for quick and direct access to the DonateLife Website.
The Great Registration Race
We’re running a registration race this DonateLife Week 2021 campaign, asking Australian’s to get their phone out and get involved! We spark urgency by racing towards our registration goal and encourage the community to share the message and get behind us.
There are around 13 million Australians aged 16+ who are eligible to register as an organ and tissue donor – but haven’t.
For ‘The Great Registration Race for DonateLife Week’ our goal is to encourage up to 100,000 more Australians to join the Australian Organ Donor Register.
By sharing our content, or holding or attending an event where it is safe to do so, you can help make this happen.
When is DonateLife Week?
We are running The Great Registration Race for DonateLife Week through July and August, with a big push during DonateLife Week. DonateLife Week is Sunday 24 July to Sunday 31 July 2022.
Transplant Australia CEO, Chris Thomas said, “Joining the national Register is important because it leaves your family in no doubt of your decision to save lives as an organ and tissue donor.
“With one organ and tissue donor able to transform the lives of 10 or more people, DonateLife Week is a great time for us all to join the Register online and have a chat with our loved ones. These two simple steps could one day save lives.”
Organ donation is a unique gift. Only around 1% of all hospitals deaths are in the specific circumstances where organ donation is possible (around 1,000 deaths in 2015). Many more can become eye and tissue donors as tissues can be donated up to 24 hours after death, regardless of where death occurred.
Even if you have previously made a decision about organ and tissue donation, DonateLife Week is a great opportunity to remind your family about your donation decision, and to ask and know their decision.
In 2021, 1,174 Australian lives were transformed through the generosity of 421 deceased organ donors and their families, 203 living donors and more than 6,600 Australians benefited from eye and tissue donation.
Don’t wait. Join the Australian Organ Donor Register online today, and discuss your decision with your family and friends.
DonateLife Week is led by the Organ and Tissue Authority as part of the national DonateLife campaign and supported by community events and activities across Australia.
How can I make the difference?
- Discover the facts about organ and tissue donation
- Register to become an organ and tissue donor online today at donatelife.gov.au
- Discuss your decision to become a donor with your loved ones
- Take part in the Australian Transplant Games, one of the country’s largest awareness activity for organ and tissue donation
- Volunteer at the Games and help with this lifesaving cause
For more information visit our website donatelife.gov.au or contact us at email@example.com
Keep up to date with our social media