The World Transplant Games are coming to Perth from 15-21 April 2023. The Games are a celebration of life through sport and provide a special way of saying thank you to those who made it possible – the donors, their families, health professionals, researchers, and carers. Without them, there would be nobody on the starting line.
Transplant Australia would like to invite you to be a part of this unique experience. There are a number of special ways that you can be involved:
- March in the Opening Ceremony as part of the donor families and living donors around the world who have said ‘yes’ to donation.
- Sign up for the Australian Team and participate in up to five of the following events;
- 5KM Road Run
- Petanque Singles
- Golf Pairs
- Lawn Bowls Singles
- 50m Freestyle Swimming
- Long Jump
- Ball Throw
- Race Walk
- Come together with donor families from around the world at the Donor Family Walk at City Beach.
- Participate in the special Service of Remembrance and Thanksgiving.
- Join our team of volunteers.
- Honour your loved one by contributing a patch to the Australian Donor Family Quilt.
If you are interested in being involved with the Games please register your interest and we will provide you with further information. For any queries please contact Julie Edwards at Transplant Australia, email@example.com
For more information about the Australian Donor Family Quilt, click here.
For more information about volunteering at the World Transplant Games, click here.