Source: Recipe and image kindly provided by Diabetes Australia.
- 500g low-fat ricotta
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 250g fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, lightly beaten eggs, lemon rind and half of the strawberries (hulled and diced).
- Lightly grease 8 x half cup non stick muffin holes.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin holes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve the Strawberry Ricotta Cakes warm or cool, with the remaining strawberries.