The website for the next Australian Transplant Games – to be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland, next September – is now live.
All the games information can be found at australiantransplantgames.com
The Games, from September 30 to October 6, promise to be one of our most exciting yet. The Gold Coast will host next year’s Commonwealth Games and will be buzzing throughout the year.
Importantly, we have been able to reduce down the registration costs to make the Games even more affordable. Here are some highlights:
- We will be trialling a new games model at these games to allow families and those who may be time poor to attend while still providing the overall games experience.
- The Opening Celebration has been converted to a Celebration Ceremony and will be held on the Wednesday morning when all registrants will have arrived for the Games.
- A highlight will be a street march through to a Beach Reception on the beach at Surfer’s Paradise on the Wednesday evening.
- For the first time we will have two golf days – an individual and team competition, both to be played at the magnificent Palm Meadows Golf Club.
- Social croquet will be held for the first time.
- The Transplant Australia Football Club will providing a coaching clinic and then play an Invitational II
- There will be plenty of time for families and kids to visit the Gold Coast theme parks.
Registration will open next month.
I am pleased to also let you know that we have been reviewing key aspects of the Games. You have the following commitment of the National Office; we are committed to continual improvement, and all sports will be delivered professionally. We will be ensuring that the co-coordinators assigned to manage the sports are well briefed.
We look forward to seeing you at the Games next year.
National Membership & Sports Administrator